Monday, December 7, 2009

One of the other jewelers who will be participating in our Open Studio this Saturday is my dear friend Tamara Laird. Tamara is an amazingly talented sculptor and jeweler who teaches ceramics and jewelry design at the Corcoran College of Art and Design and maintains her home and studio in Takoma Park, MD.

Tamara will be showing her porcelain jewelry inspired by forms in nature.
Her work utilizes gold, silver, precious gems and porcelain forms that have been gilded with real platinum, silver and gold lustre glazes.

To say I love her work is an understatement. I find her work to be graceful, innovative and oh so elegant.







2 comments:

  1. Stunning jewelry. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it, though?
    I have been coveting a piece by her for the past two years. My husband has promised me a piece for my birthday so I can't wait to do a little in house shopping on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete