Friday, October 16, 2009


Every time I go to a major city, I try to go the local museum of contemporary art. I must say, even though I try to force myself to appreciate the work, I would much prefer to be visiting an archaeology museum. I just can't get that excited over a pile of rope on the floor that has been declared "visionary".  To me, I see no craft or skill involved, just a really clever artist's statement posted next to a big pile of rope.

I visited the Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona and must say that I did like one thing. The local kids have turned the courtyard with its angles and swoops of concrete into one massive skate park. It was great fun to sit and watch hundreds of kids with their scruffy shoes, barking dogs and loud music transform a high design conceptual space into a high energy teenage gathering spot. 
Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona 



No comments:

Post a Comment