Sunday, March 30, 2008

1 plane, 1 bus, two cars and I've arrived!






After 18 hours, I've arrived safe and sound in Cardiff,Wales. I love public transportation in the UK. They make it so easy.
 I was picked up at the bus station by Daniel Allen and Lisa Krigel from Fireworks Studios, who are in charge of the international residency program. They kindly helped lug my 4 amazingly heavy bags (art books and sculpture tools aren't exactly known for their feather light weight!) to my new studio and home. The studio is amazing- I got a lightning quick tour today and will post pictures tomorrow. 
My new housemate, Matt, is lovely and made me feel very much at home. His house is warm and welcoming, as you can see by the pictures. I particularly love the kitchen which leads to a beautiful pocket garden with ancient brick walls in the back.
I know I will enjoy staying in this charming yellow house with the bright blue door.
More tomorrow after sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment