Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ceramic Sutra

I was delighted to be asked to not only curate, but to contribute two pieces to this fabulous show of book themed ceramic sculpture. It was a national call for entry and we had some fabulous entries. I was also asked to invite artists as well and they all rose to the challenge with great verve and creativity. 

I have always been a great lover of books. My home is filled to the eaves with them, bursting forth from beneath beds and inside closets and everywhere there is a spare nook. The invitation from Mary Cloonan, the Exhibitions Director at Baltimore Clayworks, 
to curate a show which melded books and ceramics 
was a dream come true.


 


My piece: Virgil's Georgics: On the Care of Bees

Work by Andrew Reid Eastwood


The Book of Forgetting by Laurel Lukaszewski

Volumes I and II by Elizabeth Kendall

L to R: Beth Kendall, Novie Trump, Liz Vorlicek, laurel Lukaszewski

My Piece: Dreams of Far Away Lands


Calligraphic ribbons by Laurel Lukaszewski

Book Covers by James Walker




Bianka Groves

Piece by Gretchen Schermerhorn

Piece by Leigh Taylor Mickelson

3 Works by Andrew Meyer

Paul Andrew Wandless

Book piece by Mary Cloonan

Me and the ever lovely Mary Cloonan

Joni Maya Oye

Barbara Hashimoto-  


Most of these photos were taken by Laurel Lukaszewski. Thanks Laurel!

1 comment:

  1. Hi my friend! I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include approximately all vital infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .
    MultiFloat Kayak Rescue Paddle Float & Dry Bag

    ReplyDelete