Wednesday, May 7, 2008


The past three nights have been spent installing at Artomatic. Artomatic ( www.artomatic.org) is a magnificently democratic bi- annual art happening in DC. We take over an empty building and fill it with art, poetry, music and performance art. This year is the biggest and best it's ever been. Housed at 1st St. NE and M St. in a brand new building, the space is airy and light and filled with some fantastic work this year.
Before I left for Wales, my studio, Flux Studios, coordinated 16 other artists to show together on the 10th floor. The show, Coincide, is a collection of contemporary ceramic sculpture by DC area artists. Some really phenomenal work is in our space.
My installation of my own work was a challenge. As Artomatic generally happens with little advance notice, I had no work prepared for the space. Sooooo, I made it all in Wales and carried it all back in my suitcase.
I decided to show the book forms that I made. More photos to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment